Bolognese sauce is a meat-based sauce originating from Bologna, Italy, hence the name.
Bolognese is so much more than just a meat sauce. It’s the ultimate way to transform a package of ground beef into something marvelous.
This sauce is a must try, it takes little to no effort, and can be made with fresh or dried herbs and spices.
4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
3 table spoon powdered dried basil
3 table spoon dried oregano
1 Knorr cubes
1 kg of minced meat
4 big plum tomatoes
Scotch bonnet pepper
Salt and powdered black pepper
1. Blend the tomatoess and the pepper.
2. Heat a sauce pan over medium heat, drizzle in little olive oil to it.
3. Cook and stir the minced beef in the hot oil until browned completely, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. Pour in a little olive oil over the pan for the second time, add the onions and garlic, pour in the tomatoe paste and allow to cook for 3minutes.
5. Stir in the salt, basil, oregano, black pepper and Knorr cube into it;
6. Pour in the cooked minced beef.
7.Stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook sauce at a simmer, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes.
Turn of the heat, serve and enjoy with pasta, spaghetti, or rice…
sprinkle a bit of permesan cheese over it for a more appealing taste.