Painful annoying mouth ulcer can pop-up usually during stress or illness. Luckily it is pretty simple to get rid of them on your own using a number of home remedies. But if the ulcer are really stubborn, you can always seek medical treatment.
Methods of Treating Mouth Ulcer:
- Use a saline rinse: Use salt water to rinse mouth to disinfect mouth ulcer.
- Dab the sore with Hydrogen-peroxide like saline rinse, hydrogen-peroxide can disinfect mouth ulcer. Mix 3% of hydrogen-peroxide with water in a cup. Dab it over the sore. Don’t swallow.
- Suck on ice chips: Cold can reduce the swelling of the sore as well as numbly pain. Use cold chips on the sore; if the ice chips are too cold, drink cold water
- Reduce Acidity: Some sores are caused by excess acid in the mouth. Avoid acidic fruits such as citrus, spicy food and toasted bread.
- Use mouth wash.
- Use lemon:Slice a lemon in half, apply it on the ulcer. It may sting but it will do the work. After that, finish up by adding honey
- Use baking powder and lemon twice daily
Note: If sore persist for more than 3 weeks seek professional help.